Monday, August 18, 2014

Budge Tag


GRAND WINNER!!!! Philippine Polymer Clay Guild "True Colors Open House Challenge"



Polymer clay door tag - My entry to the Philippine Polymer Clay Guild "True Colors Open House Challenge"


We, open house participants, were tasked to spell our name in clay; be as creative and inventive as we can and allow each letter to showcase our personality. 

"Nature and myth are two of my greatest inspirations in my art projects. Not only because of the color richness but for the values I gained since I was a child. I grew up in a community close to nature with a family who taught me how to appreciate and take care of it. My grandmother always told me that we can find deeper meanings hidden behind nature and mythical creatures that we must learn to read.
My subjects in this project:
- Butterfly for its beautiful transformation because of the magical process of metamorphosis.
- Yellow tulip, flower I admire the most, which represents sunshine and cheerful thoughts.
- The limitless symbolic meanings of flowers (check your birth month flowers).
- Mermaid who tells me to consider other creatures as human beings and treat them with care.
- Fairy tree which makes me believe that beautiful and magical trees are not only seen in fairy tales; but also in reality, if I learn to take care of the environment.
As a clayist, I don’t consider myself to be expert in any technique nor peg myself to any form of craft. I’m in the stage of exploring various methods and wanting to learn even just a little bit of everything. And this is my first time to combine several claying techniques/styles in one project."

Las Artesanias FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/LasArtesaniasdeReina/
Budge Aquino FB Account - https://www.facebook.com/berncathy993
Budge Aquino Pinterest Account- http://www.pinterest.com/berncathy993/boards/

No comments:

Post a Comment